Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday- 2 miles at a 2.5 incline + upperbody workout (I was supposed to run a mile after the workout but I didn't.) Completed
Tuesday- 6.1 miles (half of the course uphill) Completed

On schedule for the rest of the week:

Wednesday: 3 miles at an incline + lower body workout

Thursday: 6 miles at an 8:30 pace

Friday: 3 miles at an incline + upperbody workout

Saturday: 6 miles an an 8:30 pace

I haven't really known whether I should do speedwork or just log runs before I start my marathon training schedule. My worry is that I'll peak too soon if I start the speedwork, but if I don't do it, I'm concerned I'll just be training myself to be slow.

I decided to run in the afternoon today instead of at night, and I like that so much more. I'm so tired at night, I just want to get things done with. The thing is, I don't always have a choice because I go when the husband is home and Baby "J" is sleeping. I also started taking whey protein after workouts, so I'll return and report if that makes a difference.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a good idea to take a break from speed work between training cycles. As long as you're running, you'll stay fit.

    I hope the protein helps with your energy level at night.

    ReplyDelete