Saturday, January 16, 2010

Best of Times...Worst of Times...

This week I missed 1 and a 1/2 runs which was super lame. The first one was just because I was still SUPER tired from my 20 miler last Saturday. The second one had to be cut short and I couldn't make it up because I was running at night. (Had to go home to watch my son so the esposo could leave.) My legs were also really heavy this week from my 20 miler and I've had pains above my ankles...I have no idea what that means. They don't hurt right now though. On a positive note, yesterday I was supposed to run 16 miles with 12 at marathon pace and I averaged an 8:10 mile for the 12. I wanted to run faster than an 8:20 pace and I succeeded in that and didn't feel like I was overly exerting myself, (except for maybe the last 2 miles.) This week I'm hoping to stick to my schedule and find more motivation. I really had to convince myself to do my runs last week. Maybe I underestimated how much 20 miles would take out of me. Glad my schedule is still pretty easy this week.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you still did great, despite an 'off' week. I hope your ankles are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. long runs are the most important part of marathon training, so skipping a few of the shorter/easy days isn't as big of a deal. at least you didn't skip the long run *and* had a great pace on it :)

    ReplyDelete