Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Speed is Your Friend

Workout Today:10-20 minute warm-up, 3 x 2000m (400m RI), 10 minute cool-down

Workout Tomorrow: Swimming for 45 minutes? Maybe Spinning.

Thought: “I am suffocated and lost when I have not the bright feeling of progression.”- Margaret Fuller


I decided that I'd put the workout I was supposed to do and then put what I actually did so it will be easier to look back and see what I changed. I did a 5 minute warm-up and then did the 1st 2000 meters at a 6:58 per mile pace. I walked for the 400 meter resting interval and did my second 2000 meters at a 7:03 per mile pace. My 3rd 2000 meters was done at a 7:14 per mile pace. I didn't cool down. I had never done 2000 meters as speedwork before and it made me mentally push because it was 1.13 miles instead of a mile...The weird distance made me half to adjust my mind and I think that worked out well. (Atleast, it seems like it would since half of running is mental.) I was hoping to maintain my 6:58 pace for all 3 2000m intervals but I guess I was glad I stayed close. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment