Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm seriously going to start blogging again...



So, I've been letting my 2nd running blog go to the crapper, but after not running at all on my trip to CA, and having no one to be held accountable to, I decided that I need to really start blogging about running again. I'm running my 4th half marathon on August 8th, and I hope taking 5 day breaks like this hasn't made all my hard work go down the drain. I had a great trip to CA, but I'm going to make sure I get back on board this week. Bakersfield, (where my parents live,) was just so bloody hot!I should have gotten out in the mornings but I was lame, and didn't. Anyways, I have 3 key runs planned this week: speedwork, a 5 mile run at race pace, and the other is a 15 miler, and then it's taper time. Since I only did one of my key runs last week, I'm not sure if I'll do the whole 15 miles, I haven't decided yet.

PS- The picture is of my new Mizuno Waverider 12's I received for my birthday. LOVE THEM!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice comment, us running Mommies have to stick together... Good luck with your half Marathon.. If you can pump out the 15 miler I would, will give you great confidence going in to your race.. Don't taper too far, I felt super out of shape when I went too far before my Marathon. When training for my half last month I did not taper at all and I ran great.. All depends on your body..

    Keep on running and BLOGGING :)

    Hugs- Mel

    ReplyDelete